CCTV: Frequents Question and Answer
Q: What is the difference between the technologies? SDI, TVI, CVI, Analog, AHD and IP?
- Analog -> Goes up to 1000 TVL
- AHD -> Analog High Definition – 720p resolution
- CVI/TVI -> Different Manufactures. Both are 1080p resolution.
- SDI – Full High Definition – 1080p
- IP -> Network cameras.
Q: What cables should I use for the cameras installation?
A: All technologies can be installed using cat5, cat6 or over coax (Siamese cable). Exception made for IP cameras that require a Cat5 or Cat6 installation.
Q: What App do I use for the DVR’s?
- Analog DVR’s: I watch DVR
- AHD DVR’s: I watch DVR
- SDI DVR’s: I watch DVR
- IP NVRS: I watch NVR
- TVI DVR’s: For Karbontech: Super Live Pro or I watch DVR (Depending on the DVR model). For Hikvision: IVMS 4500
- CVI DVR’s: Dahua DVR – IDMSS (Apple Cellphones) and GDMSS (Android Cellphones).
Q: What technologies allow me to watch the video on my phone?
A: All of the technologies allow you to see your cameras from your phone. You just have to download the right app for it.
Q: How can I access the demo so I can show my customers?
A: You can find the demo instructions on our website.
Q: Can I use Analog Cameras on HD DVR’s?
A: Yes, all of our DVR’s also carry Analog Cameras.
Q: Should I use IP system?
A: IP cameras require a network only for them. Otherwise they gonna reduce the system’s performance. Also, it is a more complicated technology to deal with. It requires a little bit of knowledge in Network Systems in order to make it work well.